07 May 2008

real quick...

i have been running the same ad, looking for other musicians, on craig's list for a little while now. here it is:

bob dylan/ the clash...


Reply to: comm-668650346@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-05, 9:54AM PDT


i am a 30 year- old guitar player/ singer/ songwriter who is serious about playing shows and recording an album.

looking for other musicians with similar ambitions. some of my main influences are tom waits, the stones, yo la tengo, r.e.m., sleater- kinney... and of course bob dylan and the clash.

i have my own gear and my own songs, which i characterize as both "aggressive and sensitive."

i know you're out there. get in touch.

~lee.

i have gotten a couple of responses here and there, but nothing really to speak of. until today:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html


FOUND AN INTEREST IN YOUR POSTING.
SKIPPY@
SKIPPY4MUSIC@YAHOO.COM
PS I'M INTO JUDAS PRIEST, AND I'M QUITE FOND OF ROB HALFORD. BUT AS FAR AS STYLES, YOU'LL FIND THAT I'M QUITE VERSITAL.
SKIPPY

next stop, the stars.

~lee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was reading your ad on craigslist and decided to pop over to your site. your skippy response reminded me that i got a response from skippy as well a few years back which was chock full of random insanities. it is dauntingly long, but should you want to read it (...and you have no idea how badly you do) send me an email and i'll forward the whole thing to you. in fact... i've been threatening to blog about it just a month or so ago when a group of friends were discussing insane and passive aggressive emails we've received on craigslist. just send an email to fishthisbig@yahoo.com saying "gimme gimme" and prepare for the most insane thing you've ever read, yet, somehow, probably not the most insane thing that skippy has ever typed out.

thanks for making my morning.

rand

drumwolf said...

Holy shit.

I put out an ad on Craiglist today looking for musicians to form a shoegaze, psych, garage or punk band. I got an insane response from skippy4music@yahoo.com that WAS IN ALL CAPS.

I found your blog after doing a search on that email address, and it looks like this guy is pretty consistent about being a complete whack job.

With me, he didn't say anything about Halford or Priest. He showed me his list of cover songs and said he was into "MELODIC TECHNO PUNK METAL, and, JUST GET DOWN DRIVIN' ROCK & ROLL!!"