12 February 2008

novus carmen...

it has been an incredibly fruitful last few days with regard to songwriting, i am happy to report-- i have almost finished three songs since saturday. here are the lyrics of one of them.

************

song for sarah.

she's the ceiling of the sistene chapel to me...
my sin, my soul, and my release.
i bring her flowers, and garnet rings...
all smooth silver and aqua marine.

i was on the outside looking in...
i was honest to god, i was broken.
now i swim in her symmetry.
she sings me solace... she brings me peace.

she brings me peace.
she brings me...

she brings me peace, she smiles and sees...
she settles the score softly and sweet.
her xmas drum, it's quiet when it's sounding.
it speaks the words of her creativity.

and she sings.
and she...

and it screams! and she's taking love to the streets!
all god's children behind her in solidarity.

she came back to me... and brought me peace.
she came back to me... she feeds me...
she came back to me... and brought me peace.

9 february 2008.

No comments: